- Approved job description and authorized advertising for Natural Resources Tech (new 2013 position)
- Held public hearing for extending sewer east along 101 to 169. This area hasn’t got sewer and hinders economic development. This will open up new hiring and ability for companies to grow and expand. #EcDev
- Scheduled public hearing for Rosemount, Inc. for February We are working on a $6 million package with Scott County, Greater MSP, Dept of Employment & Ec Dev, MN Legislature and others. If we pass it and Rosemount chooses to move to Shakopee we would be helping create 500 brand new, high-paying ($75,000) engineering and manufacturing jobs in Shakopee. The Economic Impact Study shows an additional 700 jobs created indirectly. This is huge.
- Approved a $7,000 forgivable loan to The Eagles for our Facade Improvement Program. We match 40% of the cost to help business across the city improve their look and business.
- Joint meeting with our volunteer Economic Development Advisory Committee to discuss #EcDev goals and priorities. Main takeaways: 1) Identify and prioritize opportunities within the city. 2) Create a process to clearly and predictably communicate how we work in Shakopee.
- Approved the job description and authorized advertising for Economic Development Director (new 2013 position) THIS IS HUUUUGE!!!
- Approved a 180 temporary moratorium to prohibit clear cutting trees within city limits until we can re-work our ordinance.
- Lastly, approved sale of the old fire station for $350,000 contingent on a CUP for the buildings use.
See what I mean? Time for bed. Thank you to everyone who works so hard to make Shakopee great!!!