Tonight, I held a video chat discussing the critical week coming up with securing a metro-wide, comprehensive transit system. I need your help.
Archive of the Video Chat we conducted about Transit
A fully functioning, metro-wide transit system is key to our future development and growth as a region and local community. Please contact our legislators today to let them know why you support sales tax for transit.
A fully-funded transit system provides:
- Variety of options to commuters to use transit and relieve congestion on the roads
- Gives people access to more jobs throughout the metro
- Gives Shakopee’s entertainment customers more avenues to get to Canterbury Park, Renaissance Festival, ValleyFair and more
Documents and Information
Itasca’s transportation task force posed three questions:
1) A built-out regional transit system would require substantial investment. What would be the return on that investment?
Answer: Between $6.6 and $10.1 billion in total direct benefits, on a $4.4 billion investment (benefits accrued 2030 – 2045).
2) Investments can be made more or less quickly. Would accelerating the build-out change the return on investment?
Answer: The total direct benefits would increase to between $10.8 – 16.5 billion, on a $5.3 billion investment (benefits accrued 2023 – 2045).
3) Many communities with developing transit systems experience more growth near transit stations. Would such expectations for regional growth change the return on investment?
Answer: More community growth near transit stations would increase net benefits by another $2 – 4 billion (2030 – 2045).
Now is the time to help solve the transportation challenges you have been discussing at RCM meetings. Legislation now moving through the legislature would sustainably fund regional transit build-out and operations, and raise revenues for roads and bridges.
This legislation needs your support to advance.
If you support this legislation, the most important people to call are:
Rep. Mike Beard (Represents majority of Shakopee) – 651.296.8872 email@example.com
Sen. Eric Pratt - 651.296.4123 / firstname.lastname@example.org
|Rep. Alice Hausman||651 email@example.com|
|Rep. Ann Ann Lenczewski||651 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rep. Lyndon Carlson, Sr.||651 email@example.com|
|Rep. Kurt Daudt||651 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rep. David Hann||651 296-1749||100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.State Office Building, Room 147St. Paul, MN 55155-1206|
|Speaker Paul Thissen||651 email@example.com|
|Senate Majority Leader
|651 296-8881||75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.Capitol, Room 226St. Paul, MN 55155-1606|
|Sen. Richard Cohen||651 296-5931||Same, Room 121|
|Sen. Rod Skoe||651 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sen. LeRoy Stumpf||651 296-8660||Capitol, Room 122|
|Governor Mark Dayton||651 201-3400||Office of the Governor130 State Capitol75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.St. Paul, MN 55155|